The Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has provided immigration minister Marco Mendicino the new supplementary mandate letter where he has emphasized that Immigration will remain central to Canada economy and society. The mandate letter defines key issues of Canada’s Immigration Levels Plan.
Key priorities outlined in the letter include:
- Continue to welcome newcomers to support Canada’s economic growth and post-COVID recovery by expanding pilot programs to welcome refugees through economic class immigration streams; expediting family reunification; and working on sectoral and regional pilot programs.
- Continue to implement measures to provide permanent residence pathways to those who have provided health care in long-term care homes, medical facilities, or who performed other essential services during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Continue to work with cabinet colleagues to protect the health and safety of Canadians will managing Canada’s ports of entry responsibly and compassionately.
- Identify additional permanent residence pathways for temporary foreign workers.
- Work with the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion to protect workers who are vulnerable to COVID-19 and additionally to secure workers to fill labour force needs in farming and food processing.
- Continue working with Canada’s provinces and territories to provide settlement supports to newcomers including French-language training.
The underlying theme of today’s release is that Canada will continue to operate its Canada immigration system to the best of its abilities during the pandemic so it can harness the skills and talents of newcomers to support its economic health after the pandemic is behind us. The release of the mandate letter comes shortly after Canada announced a historic new 2023-24 Immigration Levels Plan that will see it target over 400,000 immigrants per year, the highest in its history.
This is the best time to pursue your dreams to settle in Canada. Moreover contact Reach2World today to get your free assessment. We will discuss your profile and offer the best option for you to enhance your success.