If you want to work in Canada, and thinking it can happen without a work permit? chances are low! But, in a few cases, it is quite possible to work in Canada without holding a work permit. Reach2World has put together a list of the cases where a work permit is not required.
What is a work permit?
A legal document that gives the holder permission to work and receive compensation from a Canadian employer, issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Working in Canada without proper authorization might have serious consequences.
Working without a work permit!
In certain rare circumstances, a person may work in Canada without a work permit. Usually, these positions are for short-term employment in specific fields.
The list of following jobs may not require a work permit for foreign nationals to engage in Canadian employment. Don’t think having one of the following professions can make you eligible for working without a work permit. In order to qualify for a work permit exemption, the applicant must meet the additional exemption criteria for their specific job in the respective fields.
- Athlete or coach
- Aviation accident or incident investigator
- Business visitor
- Civil aviation inspector
- Convention organizer
- Crew member
- Emergency service provider
- Examiner and evaluator
- Expert witness or investigator
- A family member of foreign representative
- Foreign government officer or representative
- Health care student
- Judge, referee or similar official
- Military personnel
- News reporter or film and media crew
- Producer or staff member working on advertisements
- Performing artist
- Public speaker
- Short-term highly-skilled worker
- Short-term researcher
- Student working off-campus
- Student working on-campus
Eligibility requirements for all applicants
Listed below some specific requirements an applicant needs to fulfill depending on where you are when you apply for your work permit. You must:
- Have a proof to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires
- Prove that you are financially strong enough to take care of yourself and your dependents during your stay in Canada and to return home
- Follow the law and have no criminal record (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate),
- You are not harmful to Canada’s security
- Be medically fit and fine
- Provide the document to the officer they ask for to prove you can enter the country
How you can get the Work Permit?
There are enormous ways to apply for the work permit. Reach2world has the manpower that is 24×7 available to guide you throughout the process and helps you out if you stuck somewhere.
Give wings to your dreams and get ready to step into the new world. Here is an easy way to migrate to Canada with or without a work permit. We will guide you with the best possible way to move to Canada and will take care of your visa process and documentation. Click Here to register and let’s get started.